Thursday, May 28, 2009

What's been going on.

Show and Tell at the Quilt Guild Thursday night was great. These ladies are modeling jackets they made at last months workshop.

These are sweatshirts embellished with prairie points.


Memorial Day weekend was fabulous. Family came over Sunday and we barbequed, swam, and sat around talking and relaxing. It was a beautiful day. Baby Joey had the best time in the water with his Dad. The handsome guy in the picture is my #1 grandson with his dog Jelly. What's better than Fun, Food, and Family?







The month of May is coming to an end and it’s time to set goals for June. I finally received the final Block Party block kit from Calico Cat. I will get the quilt pieced this month and then I’m going to find somebody to quilt it. I want the quilting to be special like the fabrics and blocks. I’m also finishing up a special baby quilt for a friend. I’ll post a picture when it’s done, which should be in two weeks.

I’ve been quilting on my Sisters Twister quilt. I had about ¼ of it quilted and realized the thread tension was off and I had to rip it out and start over. I will finish that quilt in June too.
My BFF (sister-in-law from Oregon) will be here on the 4th to attend a family wedding. I’m taking the 5th off so we can play with fabric and plan my future in Oregon. She is co-owner of Sonja's Sewing Basket in Sutherlin Oregon. The plan is to join the partnership.
Wishing you God's peace. Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment