Thursday, August 27, 2009

Greetings

Where have I been? Don't ask because I'm not sure. I am amazed at how fast time goes by. I noticed that I haven't posted anything on this blog since the 10th. It doesn't seem that long ago. Last week I attended a quilt guild meeting and had a few pictures I was going to post. I'm not sure when but I will. Last Saturday I got together with other guild members and we worked on next years Opportunity Quilt. I have pictures of that too, just not today. I have been busy with various projects that have deadlines connected to them and maybe even pictures to post. I'm up at 4:30 in the morning and then it's 9:00 and off to bed I go. I'm wondering if this is a symptom of getting older?

Batiks Plus is one of my favorite web stores. I don't purchase a lot from them but, only because I don't have the money. The quilt below is a Judy Niemeyer design done in batiks. The cost of the quilt kit is $390. No that doesn't include the backing. It takes every ounce of my self control not to pull out my credit card and purchase this kit. I love the quilt and I love batik fabrics.

My favorite season is autumn. I love everything about it and I think I focused on that once before. I enjoy making bread but don't do it in the summer because it's too hot to fire up the oven. I'm looking forward to our first cool day, that I'm not working, to make bread. I've been ordering bread mixes from Moore's Flour Mill for over six years. They don't have a web site but you can contact them at (530)241-9245. They are located in Redding California. They have a Walnut Cranberry bread machine mix that is out of this world. It's only 2.99 (I remember purchasing it for 2.59) and worth every dime. If your every in Redding you should look them up. They are family owned and operated and very nice to do business with.







The weekend is almost here. Tomorrow is casual wear day at work which means it's Friday. Whoo Woo! I'm going to a baby shower and quilt store and then I'm working on completed some of my projects. I might even visit the State Fair. Life if good.
Wishing you a blessed weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment