Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Special September

August finished in flames here in California. It's almost like the state is a blaze. It is so heartbreaking to see so many people losing their homes. I hope September brings an end to all these fires. I hope you will join me in praying for the people and firefighters.

This is going to be a special September for me because I'm taking two weeks vacation and staying close to home. I have list of things I want to accomplish but this is a kind of test run for retirement. Retirement is still 192 days away but I want to get into the habit of setting goals and accomplishing something everyday. I want to be so busy that I will need to take a vacation just to rest from all the things I'm doing. I will be doing a lot of quilting, of course, but I'm going to decorate my house for fall. I always do a little of that anyway but due to the lack of time I never have gone all out. I'm going to shop for some pictures for one of the bathrooms and I'm making a curtain for the window. I might even do some shopping for new area rugs. I'm also going to plant my fall bulbs. I want my yard to be full of flowering color this Spring. I have three quilts that are gifts and I will get those completed too. I will work the entire month in October and take another two weeks off in November. Life is good.

Have you checked out Patchwork Party Fall 2009. I'm disappointed in the finishing kits and debating on buying the 12 blocks and creating my own quilt. Then again, maybe I should finish the Patchwork quilts I have started. I explained to some friend Saturday that I was a Zen Quilter. I quilt for the process. It's therapeutic. I think I'll do some quilting now.

Have a bless week.

No comments:

Post a Comment