Monday, September 28, 2009

Update on Activities

Life is a stitch. I've been sewing up a storm since I last posted. But before I share that I want to share a few pictures I took at the Diablo Quilt show. All the quilts were fabulous but a few really caught my eye. This little quilt is so cute and this picture doesn't do it justice. I have a few close ups so you get an idea of the detail. The quilter used fabric paints for shading and yarn for the hair. This is one close up that shows the painting on the legs and knees and face. Isn't this as cute as can be?
This is another example. Those are actual bows. I might try something like this in the future.

The President's challenge was all about fruit. I thought these pears were beautiful. I couldn't do this with paint let alone fabric. I would live to hang this in my kitchen.


This picture had some incredible quilting on it. What a work of art.

These are the fruit ladies and I have this panel. Now I know what I want to do with it. This is one fruitie quilt and so cute. We also went to Quilting in the Garden at the Alden Lane Nursery. I'll try to get some pictures posted. It was too hot for an autumn day.

This is quilt is one I made while on vacation for a co-worker who retired. She loves Maxine and I bought an embroidery disc with a dozen different Maxine's featured. I kind of put the horse before the cart and designed the blocks and quilt before all the Maxine blocks were embroidered so some were too big. I scanned some office photos on fabric and had her co-workers write their well wishes on the blocks. We had a lunch for her and people were able to write special messages to her. I'm pleased to announce, she really liked it. I've gotten a few thank yous from her. I really enjoyed making it too. So this is the back before a lot of messages were written in the white area.

This is the front being held up by Cindy's immediate co-workers. Cindy is the happy lady on the end with glasses. She has emailed me and says she is enjoying retirement and her quilt.

So today I put the borders on my brother's quilt I'm making for his birthday. I think he will like it and it will be a surprise. I also got my One-Block Wonder arranged on my design board. It's going to be a Christmas quilt. When I get it sewen and the first border on I'll post a picture. I'm not too sure what I'm going to use for the outside border. Then I have one more baby quilt to finish. It just needs the borders sewen on and then quilted.

Well tomorrow I have to be at work all day so when I get home I will probably sew one row of my OBW quilt and put the borders on the baby quilt. Wouldn't it be nice if all I ever had to do was quilt? Maybe someday soon.

Wishing you a blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment