Sunday, September 6, 2009

Super Sunday

Our pastor's sermon this morning focused on Ephesians 6:10-20. I love the way the Lord answers our prayers. I've been asking him to guide me through my conversations with friends who are hurting, afraid, and depressed. It is a time of uncertainty for people and for many reasons. I always say to have faith but I know for many, that's not as easy as it sounds. Mary, my sister-in-law, has skin cancer and she is having surgery next week. Please pray for her. She is my BFF and quilting buddy. She is the sister I never had. She lives in Oregon so I can't be together whenever we want. We've wanted to move to Oregon for five years but that doesn't seem to be "His" will. I have a enough vacation time available so I can always head up there if she needs me.

So on the subject of vacation, I'm making a list and checking it twice. I have so many things I want to accomplish during this time off. I have three quilts that need to be finished and one I want to start. I also want to do some things around the house and yard. It really feels good to have the freedom to do things I want to do.

I'm going to start working on EQ6. I have had the program for a year but I never made the time to design a quilt with it. I have gone through the tutorials and I'm looking forward to mastering it. I feel creative these days.

My great nephew and his Mom moved to Redding a few weeks ago and I would like to go visit with them. She called my last week and put Joey on the phone and he jabbered away. He is two and has his own dialogue. He is such a cutie. I'm going to miss him.

The next time I post I hope to have pictures of some of my accomplishments.

Until then, keep the faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment