Sunday, September 13, 2009

What's Been Happening?

One week gone and one week up. I practiced being retired last week and I was very, very good at it. I accomplished a lot and felt stress free. Monday I spent some time at Liz's house then did a little shopping. Tuesday I had a dental appointment in the morning and spent the rest of the day cleaning. Since my hubby had places to go and people to see I had the house to myself. I moved furniture and vacuumed, dusted, mopped, and scrubbed. The house looks great. I woke up Wednesday morning and could hardly move. I guess I'm getting too old for the housework game. Wednesday I headed for Quilters Quarters for their 9th Anniversary sale. I had the greatest time. I run into quilters I haven't seen in almost a year. I purchased 25 fat quarters for $25 and signed up for the One Block Wonder class. I also picked up more fabric for the Maxine quilt I'm making. By the way, it's done and I will start the quilting Tuesday. I'll post a picture next week. Thursday I headed to JoAnn's and ran into another long time friend. I went there to order a part for my quilting frame and spent almost an hour visiting. I've been reading, quilting, gardening, and relaxing. I've also enjoyed spending time with my hubby and worrying about what I should be doing. We've spent relaxed time together just chatting and being together. It's almost like falling in love again.

Saturday as I was reading Revelation 1:9 there was lightning, then the loud sound of thunder, followed by a little bit of rain. That went on for a couple of hours. The sky was beautiful with streaks of blue and fluffy clouds in an array of colors ranging from black to greys and white. Tami came by and we visited and I think all that thunder made her a little uneasy, although she wasn't going to say so. She knows how much I enjoy it. I could have used a bit more rain.

So next week will start with the One Block Wonder class. Tuesday, another early morning dental appointment then quilting in the afternoon. Wednesday I will be quilting during the day and off to church in the evening. Thursday is a whatever day if I have my quilting completed and the evening will be spent at the quilt guild meeting. Friday I'll work on finishing up my three quilt projects and Saturday I'll post some pictures.

I'm loving life and all it offers. God's peace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment