Monday, November 9, 2009

Greetings

I'm Back. I didn't realize how long it's been since I posted. I have been going non stop for three weeks. So much to do and so little time. The upside is that I accomplished all my goals. Now I'm making a new list and feeling a bit overwhelmed. I've been catching up on my favorite blogs for the past three hours. I'm off work for two weeks and I just want to have fun. Catching up on blog reading is fun.

I started a class on Stephen Ministry training. It's a 50 hour training and we meet from 7:00 pm to 9:00 on Monday's. It's been a challenge because I'm usually in bed by 9:00 and up at 4:30 am. I'm so tired at work on Tuesdays I end up going to bed early to make up for lost sleep and I don't get my Tuesday evening tasks done. If that's not a sign of getting old, I don't know what is. That would explain why women shouldn't have children after 50. There are some quilts I want to get quilted and I plan to organize my quilting room.

At a quilt show I attended last month I met Connie Mantini. She wrote a book called Shatter and Sew. It's an introduction to the Shattered Image technique. You can check out her website for details. www.shatterandsew.com I bought a few yards of this beautiful fall fabric that I think would be perfect for this technique. I'm hoping to work it into my two week schedule.

I got a new camera for my BD and I will download some picture and post them tomorrow. I finished my brother's quilt and presented it to him on his birthday. I think he liked it. I have some pictures of some great quilts to share too. For now, I'm off to the grocery store.

Wishing you a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment