Monday, February 15, 2010

President's Day

Greetings and Happy President's Day. I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day. I woke up to a box of chocolates, Susan Boyle's I Dreamed a Dream CD and a beautiful card. My hubby can be so thoughtful. He got a special card and I will share the chocolates.
Today is a holiday so most of my employed friends are having a much deserved day off. As for me, I'm retired and everyday is a holiday. It is a beautiful day and a great day to work in the yard. Before retirement I had to choose wisely on how I was going to spend my days off because the next day I would be back to work. That was then and this is now. Last week I spent most of my time quilting. I'm currently piecing a boarder for my Sleeping Beauty quilt made with the X-Blocks. (Pictures to follow) The book I'm working out of is Once upon a time in X-Block Land by Patricia Pepe. Check out her web site at http://www.patriciapepe.com/about.html I love her patterns because you can use two or more different fabrics and I'm able to work out of my stash. My goal is to buy fabric intentionally and that is much harder than it sounds. There is so many beautiful fabric tempting me. Next week I'm off to Gold Beach in Oregon to demonstrate the X-Blocks. Life is great!
Wishing you the best day ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment