Thursday, June 3, 2010

Computer Heart Break

Greetings from a very frustrated computer user. My computer finally died yesterday. All my attempts to revive it failed. I knew this was coming because I've had to use the system disk twice to get it up and running. After three hours yesterday I just gave up. My next step was to decide if I was going to use my laptop or buy a new desktop. I have been wanting to change over to a Mac because of all the problems and security issues with Microsoft but that would require going out of town and a bigger financial burden. I will be in Oregon in July and I was going to shop there, no sales tax. I opted for the laptop. I took the old out and hooked up the laptop and what a nightmare. This is an old laptop and so slow you could bake bread while waiting to get a response from it. By 6:30 I was ready to pull my hair out. I went online and researched systems and prices. I went through the Sunday papers and found a sale at Office Depot. They have the HP Pavilion Slimline Desktop on sale for $529.99. QVC had the same system for a lot more plus shipping. So I decided to take the plunge. Today I'm dealing with set-up. The computer comes with no manuals. I'm searching the system for manuals and what I need I can't find. I can't get my Microsoft Office to load. Half of my software won't run with Windows 7 and some of my software is no where to be found. My HP Officejet 7210 All In One, a purchase I made a few years back doesn't work with Windows 7. I love this All In One. There is an upside to all this, my files are backed up. So I will proceed until I can proceed no more.

I wish I was quilting. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment