Friday, March 4, 2011

CIVIL WAR QUILTS

T.G.I.F. What a week it has been and I'm glad it's winding down. I'm so thankful for my quilting because it takes my mind off things I have no control over and an opportunity to create something beautiful for myself or somebody else. I've posted this quilt before and it's at the same stage of completion now as it was then. I need to quit it and I'm not sure what design I want to use. The fabric used in this quilt is 19th Century Reds.
So I'm searching the web for quilting ideas and I come across http://www.civilwarquiltsblogspot.com and found so much more. History was never a favorite subject in school but link it to quilts and it's a different story. I really like Civil War Reproduction fabrics. Not many of the quilters around here do, so I'm often on the Internet looking for fabric and patterns. My favorite quilt shop is Bonnie Blue. Twice a year there is a Web Sampler Celebration on the net which involves 12 different quilt shops around the country. It's very cool, check it out. Google Web Sampler and it comes up. I hope you will check out this interesting blog. I think quilting will have a whole new meaning for you.
Have a blessed weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment