Monday, February 28, 2011

A NEW MONTH

Greetings. It's hard to believe that tomorrow is the first of March. Where have January and February gone? I still have things on my monthly To Do List that aren't completed. I did start something that wasn't on my list. I'm making a purse. I'll post a picture when it's finished. The new quilt project I started had to be put on the back burner because the measurements published in the pattern are off 1/2 inch on one of the blocks. This quilt top has two block designs, they have to match. So I need to re-figure the measurements on one block and see if I can salvage the blocks. The fabric I used was purchased a few (4 or 5) years ago so I can't just go out and purchase more of the same fabric. So, I started the American Beauty quilt designed by Marti Michell. I'm doing the black version. I love this quilt and it will be on the bed in my guest room. When the blocks are done I will post pictures and of course, the completed quilt.

Tomorrow is our Quilt Guild meeting. Helene Knott is the guest speaker and she will be doing a trunk show. I get so inspired after seeing what other quilters have accomplished. I will try and get some great pictures to post.

I was visiting with one of my new quilting friends and she invited me into her quilting room. Check out the wall paper. How cute is that! Everything was so neat and organized. Her quilting is beautiful. She inspired me to organize my own quilting room. I must admit, I feel much better working in a neat and organized area. I just hope I will be able to find things when I need them. I'm waiting for Mike and Molly to come on and I think I should tidy up the kitchen before that. My cookies are baked for the meeting tomorrow and I have everything ready to go. I will start the new month organized and ready to go.

Have a blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment