Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

It's that day of the year when we honor our Dads and recognize them for all they do. I think we should make everyday Father's day. Being a Dad isn't an easy job but hopefully it will be the most rewarding. My Dad passed away 35 years ago. So much has happened and changed during that time. As I reflect on my Dad and who he was and what he stood for I think he would be very dissapointed at what has happened to our country and our government. My Dad was a man of integeraty and honesty. He was a fair and caring man that respected people for who they were. My Dad was a very hard working individual who believed you should work for what you want. He always told me I would appreciate the things I have because I worked for them and he was right. I don't know what he would think if he was here today and saw our welfare system and what it's done to our state. I say state because California has welfare programs that are so lukerative people move here from other states. 35 years ago we didn't need police in the schools. Okay, enough of the negative. My husband never got to meet my Dad and my Dad wasn't able to see his beautiful granddaughter grow up with children of her own. So if your blessed and have your Dad around enjoy this time and be thankful for the opportunity.

Today was a special Sunday for me because my nephew's girl friend came to church with me. I've been sharing my faith with her and praying for this for two years. She brought Baby Joey and he played in the nursery. He had a good time and was a very good little boy. She said she enjoyed it and wanted to go next week too. Praise God!

So I finished the baby quilt and I'll post a picture at the end of the week. I'm designing a special quilt label. I'm pleased with the improvement in my quilting. I used my Mom's Pfaff because I couldn't get the bobbin tension right on my Viking. My next project is to finish my brothers 60th birthday quilt.

God's peace be with you until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment