Monday, June 29, 2009

A tale of too much heat.

Yesterday it was 110 degrees and I had to stop by Target after church to pick up a few things, like root beer and ice cream and my car wouldn't start. It had to be 250 degrees in my car and just knew I would get home with root beer and a half gallon milk shake. Within five minutes my car started and I made it home before the ice cream melted but I felt sick. I've never had heat stroke but I think that's what I experienced yesterday. All I wanted to do was lay down and drink ice water. Today it's only 105 and since I worked I was blessed with air conditioning and since I park in a covered lot my car wasn't heated up. When I got home I spent some time piecing a quilt I'm making for my brother's 60th birthday in November. It feels good not to be rushed when I'm working on a quilting project.

I've been practicing my free motion quilting too. I can see a lot of improvement. I am looking forward to having some time to focus on that skill. Meanwhile here are some pictures of the quilt I made for a friend's first grand baby. I struggled with how to quilt it and I'm happy with the way it turned out. I wish the pictures showed more detail.

It's a panel with pieced blocks down one side and across the bottom.



This is a picture of the entire quilt. I quilted a butterfly pattern in the triangles at the bottom to mimic the butterfly's in the quilt and flowers and leaves in the squares and panels. Sorry about this picture. I'm not sure if I should blame the camara or my computer.
I have so many quilts I want to do and so little time. When I'm done with my brothers I will finish my Patch Work Party quilt. I could probably finish that in a few days.
It's still warm out so I'm going to cool of in the pool and hit the sack. I'm sure tomorrow holds many surprises and blessings.
Gods peace to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment