Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Don't Worry, Be Happy

A few year ago I received a book written by Billy Graham titled Hope for Each Day. As I was reading through it I came upon a section on worry. Graham quoted Vance Havner, “Worry is like sitting in a rocking chair. It will give you something to do, but it won’t get you anywhere.” I admit I have been worrying more than usual. I’ve been worrying about the state of our State, Nation, and the world. I worry about our young people and the effect of the dumbing down of American children in the public school system. I worry about the governments attempt to silent the conservatives with their not so “FAIR” Fairness Doctrine. It really causes me to worry when our Legislatures sign bills into law without even reading them and our government prints money they can't back. It has gotten so disturbing that I have stopped listening to the news or reading the paper. I’m especially saddened about the lawlessness in our nation and it looks like it is getting worse. I sometimes want to crawl under the covers and never come out. Graham quoted Exodus 33:22, Gods promise to Moses. “I will put you in the cleft of the rock, and will cover you with My hand”. That is God’s promise to us. Christ is our Rock, and we are secure in His hands forever. Things may be falling down around us but, our hearts should be at rest. So I will stop the worry and put my faith in Christ. I will continue to pray, asking the Lord to grant our leaders wisdom.

I have another quilt added to my list that I want to make. I think quilting keeps my mind on more positive things. I want to pull out some coordinating fabrics and make up some community for our guild to donate. That will be a great opportunity to practice my quilting. I think I'll start now.

Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment