Saturday, March 20, 2010

Quilt Pictures

This year I had the opportunity to help set up for the Manteca Quilt Guild's show. This gave me the opportunity to take pictures of the quilts before the opening. This is a specular Baltimore Album quilt made by Sandra Mollon. I wish my picture showed the incredible detail in the quilt. I have added the Baltimore Album quilt to my bucket list. This next quilt was made by my friend Jan Truscott. She was Manteca's featured quilt artist this year. The pattern used to make this quilt is Venice Rose by Norah McMeeking from her book Bella Bella quilts. I will be starting this quilt sometime in April. I've picked my fabrics from the Stonehenge collection by Northcott. If you haven't seen this fabric line you might want to visit Northcott's web site. Quilter's Friends in Lodi carry a few of the bolts. There must be 25 different color's in the line with new ones arriving in the next couple of months. These fabrics are a good change from batik's. They have a marble or stone look to them. The January 2010 issue of The Quilter features a quilt, Rolling Stone, in this fabric.
This is a close up of her applique in the center.

This wall hanging has a lot of detail work and rumor has it, it was a round robin project done my a group of quilters. They seem to be at the same skill level. The trees in the corners are machine embroidered.


This quilt is from the Once-Block Wonders Encore book by Maxine Rosenthal and Joy Peizmann. I think they are very interesting to look at.

I would love to post every picture I took but I don't have time. All the quilts were beautiful and I think the show was great.
Spring is in the air and I would rather be outside then sitting at my sewing machine. I guess had work on a Baltimore Album quilt might be the project to start. I could have the best of both worlds, sitting outside and working on a quilt. Either way I know it will be a glorious day.

No comments:

Post a Comment