Thursday, July 15, 2010

Vacation Highlights

I'm back home and not happy about it. I had a wonderful time in Oregon and didn't want to leave. I spent Saturday at the 35th Anniversary Sister4s Outdoor Quilt Show. I love Sisters and recommend you visit if you ever have a chance. I worked at The Sewing Basket booth selling fabric, notions, and kits. I met wonderful people from all over the world, that's right, world, and saw so many beautiful quilts. I met a lady from England and she was such a kick. She was comparing the style differences in the Oregon area quilters and what they are making in England. I had an interesting chat with a couple of ladies from Canada. In case you don't know, people in Canada are taxed up the kazoo. She had to make sure that she didn't purchase over $400 because of the taxes she would have to pay when crossing the boarder. In Oregon there are no sales taxes so you can go crazy when you are shopping. When you are paying VAT tax and sales tax and who know what other taxes you just don't have any buying power. She said she buys on the Internet because taxes are higher than postage. The picture below is the view from our booth. I love the quilts hanging everywhere. This is the front of our booth. It was a nice day with a cool breeze keeping the temperatures down.
This is a not to close up of my sister-in-law in the booth waiting for the next customer. We had a very successful day and I'm looking forward to next year.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Bend. Bend has some great quilt shops and we visited all of them. I didn't buy fabric but I did pick up some notions that The Sewing Basket doesn't carry and some patterns. It's interesting how each shop carries different merchandise. Most sell sewing machine too. We dinned at some great restaurants and I'm sure I gained a few pounds. I'm not anxious to confirm my suspicions. I'm home now so it's back on the program.
I did get a chance to quilt my Sister's Choice quilt. I need to get the binding on and wash it. I'm very pleased with it.

I have a quilt meeting tonight and some work to do so I better get with it. I hope you're enjoying your summer and you have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment