Friday, July 2, 2010

Friday Fantasy

I got an email the other day announcing the Gammill Vision 22. OMG, I gotta have it. I went to their web site and watched the demo video and OMG, I gotta have it. The quilting in quilts have always been my favorite part of quilts. I have seen some butt ugly quilts turned into masterpieces by the quilting. I've seen plain simple blocks stitched together and quilting made them spectacular. I have been trying to hone my quilting skills on a Viking Mega quilter. It stitches fine and is doable, up to a point, the point being 8 inches of throat space. It is very difficult and sometime impossible to quit a twin or bigger size quilt in that little space. Have you ever tried stuffing a marshmallow into a piggy bank? Viking did come out with a new version of their Mega Quilter with a larger throat space but I'm ready for the big leagues. My DH is looking at buying a truck to replace my 93 Honda, I'm looking at this New Gammill and to heck with a truck. So I'm cranking up my creative problem solving skills, film at 11:00.
You really should check out this little jewel. I see a road trip coming up for me in my future.

Wishing you a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment