Friday, July 15, 2011

Sister's 2011

Sister's was fabulous. The weather was great and we had such a wonderful time shopping, eating out, and taking classes. I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted. This is an old favorite.

I wouldn't be interested in making a quilt like this but I really admire the talent it takes to do it. Most of this quilt is all about the thread painting.

The highlight of the week was the class I took from Barbara Shapel. I learned so much and we got to see some of her work. This quilt is the sun setting behind the bird. The detail is all about the threads and her quilting.


This is the other side of the quilt when the sun is coming up. I wish my photo show the detail.


This is an example of some of the quilting stitches she was teaching.


This quilt is one of my favorites. That is Barbara explaining how she quilted this beauty.


This is a the head of one of her birds and it show the quilting.


This is a better close up of her crane quilt.



This is a wall hanging class I took and the piece is called Quail Family. Since I live in Quail Run I thought I would hang this in my entry hall. It was fun to do and a totally different method of applique.


This was a painted wall in Sister's. I wish we could paint something like this on the front of the quilt shop.


We had a great time and I saw a couple of friends from California. I'm looking forward to Sister's 2012.
The quilt shop looks like we're going out of business because we were so successful at the show. We are getting ready for Kids Camp at the shop and some new quilt classes. So much to do and so little time. I will keep you posted on what's new.


Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment