Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Something New

Greetings. The week is starting off with a bang. As hard as I try to have everything ready ahead of time it still seems that I'm doing last minute tasks. I'm doing the laundry so I can justify sitting at the computer and posting some news on this blog.

I was blessed last week by a very quick visit from Bonnie, a former co-worker and quilt guild member from CA. She and her husband stopped into the store. They had been up North for the Sister's quilt show and we stayed at the same place and didn't cross paths. I didn't see her at the quilt show either. There were a few people that were there and I missed seeing them. I saw Georgia's husband but didn't see her. What's up with that?

For years I have wanted a sewing cabinet. They were out of my budget range so they have been a part of my wish list for years. One of the perks of business ownership is purchasing wholesale. I was finally able to purchase my quilters cabinet. I also purchased the 4 drawer storage caddie. The extended length in the back and left side make quilting and sewing binding on large quilts so much easier. I also like the ability to organize everything in one place so I can find things with ease.

When everything is put away the room looks so much neater. We agreed at the quilt store that we would make something out of any fabric we purchase so our customers can see the possibilities. This requires more sewing for all of us and my new cabinet will make it much easier. The drop down feature for the sewing machine makes a big difference when you are trying to establish an ergonomic sewing environment. I highly recommend a sewing cabinet for anybody who sits any length of time at their sewing machine. I'm getting things ready for Kids Quilt Camp next week. I'm gathering some information and a few small projects to work on the first day, just to break the ice. We will be making a lap size quilt. I'm not sure how it is that I ended up on this project but I'm sure God has a reason. I will keep an open mind and pray a lot. Two of the partners said they will help out and I am counting on that.

Sew, it's off to finish laundry and all my little projects. Have a blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment