Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wednesday Weigh In

Yahoo, I’m down 2 pounds this week. I feel good and I feel motivated. That’s so much better than .2 or .4, wouldn’t you agree? I gotta tell ya, I was a bit surprised because I did indulge in a bottle of beer and some deep fried asparagus on Sunday, and Tuesday we went to Outback for lunch. I ate half of a prime rib sandwich and took the other half home to my Hubby.

I made this penguin cake for a lady at work that got laid off. She works 600 hours a year and is laid off until July when the new fiscal year starts. That schedule sure would work well in my life but not my pocket book. She loves penguins and her cubicle has penguins everywhere. She was tickled with her cake and before she cut it she carefully peeled the penguins off and stuck them on a plate to save.

I’m also working on 30 fondant roses for a cake I’m making for Thursday. Here is a picture of the roses. They aren’t hard to make, just time consuming. I will post a picture of the finished cake.

So, let’s recap the week. I worked on fondant roses, attended an eBay class at the junior college on Saturday and stopped by my nephew’s and showed is girl friend how to burn a CD, volunteered at the Asparagus Festival on Sunday and made more roses, went to the Social Security Office with hubby, made and decorated a going away cake, and made more fondant roses on Monday. There was no quilting done all week because I had to work, and that is a sad thing.

Saturday I got one of the three Patch Work Party blocks I’ve been waiting for. Unfortunately I didn’t have time to quilt. After this week I will have time to start working on my quilt again. Looks like I won’t have it finished in April.

This Saturday I’m off to Manteca for a wedding shower. I haven’t been to a shower in years. This is my hubby’s side of the family and It’s been a long time since I’ve seen everybody. I’ve never meet the bride to be so that will be fun. She is marrying our great nephew, who is such a sweetie. I have their engagement picture and they are a cute couple.

I have more roses to make and two cakes to frost so until next time I pray your days are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment