Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Heat is On

The heat has arrived. It's 101 today and it's going to get hotter through the week. I can't believe we had light rain on Saturday and it was only 79. I love the rain and I sat in the patio and watched the sprinkles come down and the dark clouds moving overhead. We even had a rainbow. This is unusual for July in Stockton. Last year half the days in the month were 100+ degrees. I'm not fond of the heat so I'm grateful for the mild temperatures we have been enjoying up until now.

I was reading a friends blog and she mentioned that she had found some half finished blocks and seemed amazed by that. I thought that was normal. I have discovered something about me and my obsession with quilting. I don't quilt to have a quilt. It's about the process that I enjoy. Don't get me wrong, when I finish a quilt I'm very pleased but I'm also okay with having numerous quilt blocks tucked away in their project box waiting to to be sewed into a quilt. Next week I am taking some vacation time and I'm planning to finish two quilts. One is my brothers birthday present and the other is the Patch Work Party quilt I started in March. The setting blocks need to be completed and then I can assemble the quilt top. I will post a picture when it's done. I have a couple of kids crafting aprons I want to finish and send of to two of my granddaughter's. So much to do and so little.

Wishing you a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment