Friday, July 17, 2009

It's Friday

Happy day it’s Friday and the start of my 10 day vacation. In thinking this out I thought it was going to be 10 days of spontaneous activities like quilting, cleaning, lying by the pool drinking lots of iced tea, reading, and a couple of day trips to the foothills or coast. I also wanted to spend time at the computer working with EQ 6. I made a TO DO LIST but only as a suggestion in case I can’t choose what to do next. That might sound a bit strange as I have so many things I want to do, and need to do, I get a bit overwhelmed. Having a list helps me to prioritize smart.

Thursday night at our quilt guild meeting Sandra shared her paper doll quilt. Isn’t it the cutest? There is a pocket on the back to store the clothes. I’m going to have to make one for Brooke. So my To Do List grows.

These pictures are not very good. I just ordered the fabric and when I get it done I'll post the picture.


This blue quilt has embroidered centers and hundreds of half square triangles. I love it.


Saturday five of us from the guild are going on a road trip shopping for fabric for next years Opportunity quilt. We are going to Quilters Corner in Sacramento. I took a class there and it is an awesome shop. Then we will be off to Tayo’s in Fair Oaks, J R Flamingo and Bear Paws and Hollyhocks in Sacramento, and Torrie’s Sew and Vac in Carmichael. In case you aren’t aware, that would be the same as turning a bunch of kids loose in a candy store and telling them they can have anything they want. I can’t have anything I want but is there is something I can not live without it will be mine. You have to be real about this stuff.

Wednesday night is a board meeting and Friday night I’m taking a serger class at Jan’s. Her daughter Jennifer usually teaches the classes and she is a sweetie. She is very talented and a good teacher too.

I’ll keep you posted as the week progress.

Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment