Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Blessings

I hope everybody had a wonderful Christmas. We spent time with family and for us that's what it's all about. This is a picture of three of our seven grandchildren. Brook, Bree, and Brit take the most beautiful pictures. Their Mom has pictures taken on a regular basis and I'm so thankful for that because they are miles away.
I'm on vacation this week and so I'm cutting fabric for a quilt class in January. The book we are using is Thoroughly Modern Dresden. I'm going to do a table runner using oriental fat quarters. I want to use up some of my stash.
When I return to work on the 4th I will have two weeks and then I'm off, done, retired. I can't even express how much I'm looking forward to that. I've worked for 43 years and I just want to have fun. I'm looking forward to quilting when I want as long as I want and finishing projects. I want to sleep in during the week and stay up late t night. I want to sit in the backyard and watch the flowers bloom and the birds flying from one tree to another. That is just the tip of the iceberg. I've been cleaning out my office and bring stuff home. Paul asked me to stop bring stuff home so now I'm going to go through what I have and toss or donate. There is still more to come.
Have a blessed week and a very Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment