Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year

2010 is just hours away and it doesn't seem possible that another year has come and gone. My focus for 2009 was redefining who I am. I'm not sure I accomplished that but I can tell you, I have a new attitude about life and how I should live.

Do you make New year Resolutions each year? Are you able to keep them? What ever your resolution happens to be, the only way to succeed is to take it one step at a time. Set specific goals and make the decision to stick with it. So, my first and most important goal is to establish healthy eating and exercising habits. I've read that it take 26 days for a task to become a habit. Since I am retiring in two weeks I will have the time to plan and follow through with purchasing and preparing healthier meals and spending time in action. Being home this past week has shown me how easy it is to get comfortable in front of the television and just sit. I don't want to get into that habit. I am starting with a walking regime. I will start with 30 minutes a day. My other goal is to spend more time reading. I have been putting together a list of books I want to read. They aren't all fiction. I'm going to read Sarah Palin's book, Going Rogue. I admire her so much. More about that in the future. I'm going to spend more time in prayer and reading and studying the Bible. I can add to this list but I want to be realistic. These are the most important things I want to accomplish. I have UFO's to finish and other things I want to do but next year I want to report, mission accomplished.

I wish you and yours the safest and happiest New Year every. God's peace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment