Saturday, September 4, 2010

Nine Days

Greetings on this Labor Day Weekend. I hope you all have some wonderful family events planned. The weather is going to be cooling down a bit here and for that, I'm so thankful. I still have a lot of work to do around here. In nine days I will be headed for Oregon with a car full of treasures. I'll be back again in a few days with helpers and then the big move begins. I don't usually feel a lot of stress. I manage thing with God's help and just get over it. I feel like I didn't have all my trust in him because I have been really stressed. What does a quilter do when they are stressed? QUILT!! I prayed a lot too. On numerous occasions I have had conversations with the Lord while I quilted. I love it because he listens and doesn't interrupt like people do. He is getting my through this.

This block is part of my 19th Century Red's quilt. The block is 15" finished. I love red and the little black corner blocks are a cute little accent.
Here are the blocks pieced into the quilt top. My head is spinning with design ideas to quilt it with. The piecing went fast the the cutting took some time, now deciding on how to quilt it. Sorry about the obstacle in the corner or the picture.
I must get back to packing. I feel like I'm headed for the finish line. Wishing you a blessed holiday weekend and God's peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment