Wednesday, September 8, 2010

What's been going on?

As I look around the house is appears that I haven't been very busy but the facts are that I hit the ground running between 5:00 and 6:00 every morning and don't stop until around 4:30 or 5:00. I keep boxing up things and more things appear. What's up with that. I have sorted, tossed and boxed until my hands ache. It's amazing how much stuff I have that I don't' need or want. Then there is the cleaning. I'm looking forward to an end to this real soon.

Paul saw a doctor yesterday about his back and he starts physical therapy Friday. They gave him some meds and he was feeling a little better yesterday. Thank you Lord. There is a possibility that he might have to stay behind a week or so. Time will tell.

Saturday night we did take time out to attend a neighborhood party that our long time neighbors, Rico and Cathy, hosted. Their back yard is small yet they managed to get a band, buffet table and about 30 people in it comfortably. The band was made up of his friends and they were very good. The food was great and the drink wasn't bad either. This is a picture of Rico monitoring the buffet table. They had enough food for an army and he was worried that people weren't getting enough. Me, I was concerned that he might run out of wine. It was for medicinal purposed, I needed to relax my sore tired muscles.
He had people assigned seating around the pool.

This is a shot from where we were sitting. Those are the doors into the family room. His house has the same floor plan as ours but he did a lot of remodeling and customizing. He even built a room above the garage.

Today is feels like Autumn. I love this weather. This is another bell pepper from my little plant. I have gotten five peppers from it and now I can say the plant paid for itself. I will be planting these in my garden in OR.

This is a little visitor I found hanging out on the a plant in the patio. It's the second one I've seen this week. I think they are fascinating.

Last night I attended my last Stephen Ministry meeting. I will miss them so much. The training has taught me so much and I don't' think I've experienced so much spiritual and personal growth in any other group I've been involved in, and if you know me, there are a lot. We shared some snacks and they presented me with three very special gifts. One was the Angel of Hope. It's a little crystal angel in a satin box. In the box it reads: When you need some cheering up, you know just what to do. Peek inside this box to find an angel just for you; Then remember you are special, and may you always understand that as you hold your angel, God holds you gently in His hand. by R. Fogle
Then next gift is a beautiful framed picture with the words LOVE. Where there is a great love, there are always miracles. The colors are lighted muted greens, blues and browns, my favorite combination. I'm going to hang it in my entry hall. I did promise to send a picture of Paul and I standing in front of it after it is hung. I'll post that picture.
The third gift was the gift of prayer. We gathered together and a pray of farewell was offered. Prayer is such a powerful thing and a part of my everyday life. The scripture we focused on was from Acts 20: 1-6, 36-38. If you haven't been in the word, now is the time because I'm not posting it. So, get your Bible out and read. After we prayed I felt so much peace within. I love them all so much and they will be in my thoughts and prayers daily. I will make it a point to be in town on a Sunday so I can attend St. Andrew's and see my dear friends.
It doesn't seem possible but I am surrounded by more stuff that needs to be boxed so I better get on it. My schedule has been changed and I will be leaving on Monday at around 5:00 am with the SUV packed to the max. I'm so excited.
God's peace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment