Thursday, September 30, 2010

Getting Settled and Checking In

Greetings from Oregon. It's been twelve days and I'm still unpacking boxes. The weather has been mild and I'm looking forward to some rain. I bought bulbs to plant and I'm planting my flower beds for the spring. This is a first, I have to look for plants that the deer don't like. The people in the neighborhood are very friendly and have greeted and welcomed us to the neighborhood. It's a quite neighborhood and all the homes are well kept. It feels good being here. I got my Oregon licence and plates and I feel like I've been here for ever. As I unpack it's been a struggle figuring out where I want things to go. As I look around it's hard to believe that I left lots of stuff behind. Where did I put everything? One day at a time, I'm not in a hurry, unless I need something.

Yesterday I hung out at the Sewing Basket and helped a lady with her Viking embroidery machine. I checked out the new fabric and the fabric on order. Tomorrow and Saturday are big sale days and I'm looking forward to it.

It's been a long day and I am looking forward to tomorrow. I will keep you posted.
Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment