Monday, December 20, 2010

Blogger MIA

I've been missing in blogger action but not quilting, shopping, baking, eating, and having more fun than you can imagine action. The first week in December I was off to a quilt retreat in Bandon Oregon. The weather was fabulous and we had some great meals in different restaurant every day. I happen to love fish and the selections were great. We visited Forget-Me-Kots in Bandon and had a great time checking out their fabulous inventory. The shop is wonderful and the staff is great too. Of course we traveled up and down the coast and hit quilt shops in nearby cities. Threads That Bind in located in Coos Bay. They are closed on Sunday's but when we called to inquire the opened the store for us. I have to admit, the five of us made it worth their while. I love their sign. It's so quilty.
I love the ocean and I did spend one afternoon walking on the beach and enjoying the wonder. We live a couple hours from the Bandon and I'm looking forward to many return visits.

The picture below is a whale carved out of wood. I didn't want to walk up private property so this is the best picture I could get. Ocean front property is landscaped creatively and on this beach everybody had something unique and beautiful. I'm looking forward to Spring so I can start designing my landscaping at home.

After returning home I got all my Christmas shopping done, wrapped and in the mail. I also did some baking and finished a quilt that is a Christmas gift for somebody special. I will post the story and picture next week. I want it to be a surprise.

This is Missy in her sweater getting ready to take Paul for a walk. She loves to go for walks and for a dog with little legs she sure can move out. We bought her a little rain coat because the sun may be shinning when we leave the house but it doesn't mean the rain won't fall before we get home. We always have breaks in the rain where the sun comes out and it's too beautiful to stay indoors. I love it here!!!!

Mary is coming by this afternoon with her grandchildren, who are visiting from California. I have some quilt blocks to sew and who know what else I will work on. I will try to stay on the grid now that things are slowing down.
Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment