Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday and Quilting Fabric

I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving, I sure did. I think I will need to do some walking around the block today and work off some of those extra calories.

Today is all about Black Friday, according to the news. I personally hate to shop, but put me in front of my computer or in a quilt shop and away I go. Quilt fabric is the attraction in my life. I don't need anything and since Christmas is all about the birth of Jesus we don't go crazy with gift giving so my shopping is very minimal.

Have you heard about the cotton shortage? It makes me want to buy quilting fabric. The online quilt shops have their Black Friday sales going and since cotton prices are going to hit the roof and fabric prices keep going up I just feel the need to stock up. Like I don't already have stash! Cotton prices have gone up 30 percent and that is why the $9.50 a yard fabric is now $10.50. In 2011 the cost will be going even higher. The Sewing Basket has been ordering their fabric for Spring and Summer to lock in the 2010 prices. Maybe I should be buying underwear and T-shirts and stop worrying about quilt fabric. I don't have a stash of those. I would hate to make underwear from my beautiful batik fabric. Maybe I should just take that walk around the block.

Have a blessed weekend and stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment