Monday, December 27, 2010

PLANNING FOR 2011

I like making New Year's Resolutions. Most of my friends don't because they claim not be be able to keep them. I'm thinking that if they wrote them down and checked the list at the end of the year they might discover they did keep some of them, even if it was only one. I am making my list and checking it twice to be sure I don't leave anything out. I need to do this because I forget what's on the list.

My first and foremost resolution for 2011 is to study the God's word DAILY. I found this great web site, wendypope.org and when you sign up you receive a daily email. The Bible pictured below is the what we are working out of. So I am looking at 365 days of study. In a couple of months I feel that this will be a habit I won't break. Check it out of the details.
Two other web sites I recommend are ewordtoday.com and biblos.com.

Other goals for 2011 are completing quilts that I have started and not finished. Mastering hand applique and quilting my quilts are other skills I will be working on. I'm going to join the Quilt Guild in Roseburg too. My list will be detailed so it will be very long, pages.

Yesterday I went shopping with Mary. I've never shopped the day after Christmas before. The fact that I was still employed full time does have something to do with that. I was not impressed with the sales. I did pick up some plastic holiday platters for my cookie/candy gifts for next year and some cute little wire Christmas baskets that I can use for handmade gifts. There wasn't a large selection of gift boxes or wrapping paper. There didn't seem to be a lot of people shopping, but that could be characteristic of Roseburg and a smaller town.
Now it's time to work on my quilt top. Have a blessed day.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the website that sends emails daily. I get a devotional M-F from Proverbs 31 via email and they are really good as well. Enjoy the guild in Roseburg. I love reading about your Oregon adventures as our family is there.

    ReplyDelete