Monday, January 10, 2011

MARVELOUS MONDAY

Greetings. As I start my week I can't help but wonder how I was able to get so much accomplished and work full time. Now that I am retired and have more time it feels like I am accomplishing less. What's up with that? On Monday's I review the past weeks To DO List and carry forward the things I didn't get done to my new list. Some of the things get deleted because they are no longer important or necessary. It's a beautiful day, the sun is shinning bright and the blue sky is dotted with puffy clouds. I want to sit in front of the window and enjoy the beauty of it all. It's truly marvelous. We have a lot of days like this and that could be part of my problem when it comes to getting things done. Ya think?

Thursday I attended the Umpqua Valley Quilters Guild and joined. Cheryl Malkowski did a trunk show and shared stories of her adventures. I wasn't sitting where I could not get the best pictures of her quilts but here are shots of a couple of my favorites.
I love the colors in this quilt. I was told that Cheryl's quilts hang at the Country Lady quilt store so I will have to visit with camera in hand. If I get better pictures I will post them.
You can check out her web site. www.cherylmalkowski.com She sells her books on the site.

I'm working on a quilt that contains about 340 half square triangles. It's like a sampler. I love the colors and I have some great ideas on how I want to quilt it. I will post a picture when it's done. I'm hoping that will be some time this week.
Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment