Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Are We Done Yet?

It's 105 degrees and I'm not in the mood for this game. It's too hot to do anything, except maybe quilt or read a book. This move is becoming a nightmare. Everywhere you look things are half completed. This is Missy looking at the new flooring in the dining room. The floor is beautiful but what about the molding? Where is the furniture? Half done! Oh, by the way, Missy prefers carpet. This is a picture of Paul and Joe finishing up the project, minus the molding.
This is the first floor board, where it all started. No molding there either.

Now here is the living room. It's done except for the window treatment. You can't tell because it has the dining room furniture in it and boxes of who knows what. The two bathrooms and the master bedroom are the only rooms that do not resemble this. It's making me crazy.


This is where I go when I'm about to blow. I love this area in the back yard. I hope I can re-create it when I get to Oregon. I haven't checked out what flowers grow well in that area.

This little plant has been providing little tomatoes for us since the middle of July. I know I will have a small vegetable garden at our new home. There is already a raised bed with a small garden planted. I am really looking forward to it. I might even start with a winter garden.

These are my bell peppers. They weren't originally planned as a container plant but things worked out that way because of the lack of time or my failure to management it better. Maybe a little of both. I will be cooking with these very soon.

There is still so much to do I can't even think about it. Paul hurt his back so things have really slowed down. I'm hoping that we can hold off showing our house until we have moved. As I pack things up I have to stack boxes in corners and what kind of staging is that? I'm praying for a sense of humor so I can laugh at this experience, wisdom to know what is right, and strength to get through it. I'm also thankful for the gift a a new home and moving to a new town with the opportunity of making new friends. I'm focusing on the gifts. Thank you Lord.

God's peace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment