Monday, August 30, 2010

18 Days and Counting

Greetings. We have 18 days until the BIG truck is loaded and we are on the road. We are making visual progress. We have been working every day. There have been days when I would be up at 6:00 and go non-stop until 5:00 and everything just looked worse than when I started. I hate it when things are half done. It seems like everything we have done had to be done in stages. The dining room is finally done. It is so clean and new looking. Friday we pulled out the fireplace insert and what a mess. The insert has been in for 30 years. It kept is toasty warm in the winter and I loved it. I will miss it. The EPA has banned them so you can't purchase them anymore and they want to stop people from using them. This is a before picture of the family room. I was getting it ready for it's new floor.
This is the black hole. One of the features I loved about this house was the fireplace. I love the brick. When we first put the insert in I was concerned about hiding the beauty of the used brick and the character I felt it gave to the room. It worked well.

The floor is in. It is so beautiful. I will put the area rug in, hang the vertical blinds and put the furniture in and enjoy it for the next 18 days.

Thursday I attended my last meeting at the Manteca Quilt Guild. I'm really going to miss those people. I'm leaving with so many wonderful memories. I encouraged them all to stop in a visit when they are in Oregon. I know a few who will. The quilt below is the new opportunity quilt for the March 2011 quit show. This is one of the most beautiful quilts I have seen in a long time. The focal fabric was so ugly, I could not have imagined it in a quilt, let alone turning out like this.
I must sign off. I have painting and packing to do and a couple of appointments. I hope your day is filled with blessings, I know my will be.

God's peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment