Tuesday, June 28, 2011

ARE WE HAVING FUN YET?

It has been a fun week. Our nephew was visiting with his two children. I quilted and gardened and we had a family dinner at Larry and Mary's. Sutherlin celebrated their centennial with a parade through town featuring all the usual like cars, horses, the band and lots of people.

This little beauty belongs to a friend. Her husband built it and did all the work. It's yours for 30K. Of course I had to experience the ride. I could hardly see over the steering wheel. I'm thinking that those who are 6 feet or taller are looking over the windshield. My DH birthday is the end of July and I'm wondering if he would like that for his birthday.

My life isn't just quilting and fun. Our yard has presented some unique challenges for me. I can't tell the plants from some of the weeds. This tall specimen happens to be a weed, according to my friend Barbara. The blossoms are so fine and pretty I thought for sure it was a plant. The stock has a three inch diameter. Oh well, it's coming out. I'm clearing the entire corner and will replant. I haven't decided what plants will be part of the plan.


Down at the quilt shop we are getting ready for Sister's. Mary and I will leave Sunday because we enrolled in some of the class that take place the week before the big quilt show. Cheryl, the cutie on the right, just finished the quilt below. It's for her daughter's wedding present. It's paper pieced and she used batik fabric. She did a beautiful job. This is a new quilter, which goes to show, it only takes a desire.


This is a quilt that we will be offering at Sister's. We have 15 kits made up so I hope people like it. It's a panel and very quick and easy to pull together. The stars glow in the dark. The panel includes a realistic image of the solar system and constellations including the asteroid belt adjacent to Mars and Jupiter. Take note, quilts can be educational too.



I have one last quilt to finish for the show. I'm working on Annabelle's Alphabet. The quilt is complete and quilted. I'm doing a ruffled border. My ruffler doesn't seem to work correctly and I'm breaking needles. I'm taking it to the shop and trying it on one of the machines there. I will post a picture. It is a perfect quilt for a little girl and we have ten kits ready to go. Next week at this time I will be sitting in a class learning something new about quilting and meeting new quilt friends. I'm very excited and ready to go. I will try to make time for one last post before I'm off.


Wishing you a blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment