Friday, March 13, 2009

Fabulous Friday

Friday the 13th. has always been a good day in my life. I don’t know what all the fuss is about. I took a vacation day today and had a marvelous time. The weather was great so I walked to Michael’s to buy some pink T-shirts for my Walk Across America team, but they didn’t have any. Then I walked to Toys are Us looking for the 50’s anniversary Barbie and struck out there too. Oh well all was not lost because I got my walk in and enjoyed being outside in this beautiful spring like weather. I walked 8,055 steps, or 2.3 miles, stayed within my points and had 40 grams of fiber today. I’m feeling redefined.

I went grocery shopping this afternoon and stocked up on fruits and vegetables. The best part of that task was running into my oldest grandson, Ben. He is 22 and such a handsome young man. I’m so proud of him. When I got the grocery’s home HH put them away so I could sit and read for a while. This is a taste of what retirement will be like and I am so looking forward to that.

So tomorrow my agenda includes walking 9,000 steps, cleaning the house, a quick trip to JoAnn’s and loading my Sisters Twister quilt so I can start quilting on it. When it’s done I’ll post a picture. I’m hoping to get it done for Thursday’s quilt guild meeting.

Shabby Fabrics.com has their Patchwork Party 2009 block on their web site. It’s the Lovers Lane Block and it absolutely beautiful. Their finishing kit is pretty too. There is a mention of a preview tomorrow at patchwork party2009.com.

Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment