Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day

My Dad passed on St. Patty’s day 35 years ago but I remember it like it was yesterday. He was only 55, too young to go with so much to look forward to. Well that’s my feeling but the Lord had something else in mind. I’ve learned through the years not to ask why. So as a result of this painful memory the thrill is gone when it comes to St. Patty’s Day.

Most of the staff at work came clad in their finest green. There was cake, ice cream, and various goodies throughout the building. To eliminate the temptations I stayed at my desk and focused at the job on hand. Tomorrow is our Weight Watchers meeting and I’m hoping with the extra walking I can lose more than a pound.

Our Walk America Team is well on their way. Most of our team members walked 11,000 plus steps on the first day. We’re on our way.

Wishing you a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment