Thursday, March 12, 2009

Personal Growth

Greetings and Salutations



I had a situation with a co-worker today that left me feeling anything but the love. I just don’t understand why people do such stupid things. I took time out of my busy schedule to try and show this individual the errors of their ways and discovered they weren’t only stupid but stubborn too. After this encounter I started wondering how many people have felt the same about me. I don't think I'm stupid but I know I can be stubborn. I reflected on scriptures I recently studied with a small study group I was in. It’s not my place to judge this person and it isn’t important what I think. My role in this situation was to listen, share my thoughts in a non-judgmental way and offer my support. This is the kind of person I want to redefine myself as.

Life is about learning to love. It’s all about love and developing relationships with God and with other people. Our purpose on earth is not about acquiring possessions or attaining status. It would seem that if people focused on love and not greed and deception our country wouldn’t be in such a mess. It’s just a thought.


Patchwork Party 2009 Spring Edition starts next week. I’ve participated in two and I’m looking forward to seeing this new one. If you want more information on this go to http://www.patchworkparty2009.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment